Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This is one way that bloggers make money, but it is at absolutely no extra cost to you if you choose to make a purchase based on my suggestions! If you would like to read more about how this works, check out my Disclosure Policy!
I have written quite a few rants about dating as a millennial. It isn’t dating anymore, but it seems that I am not the only one who has this opinion. In the last few days, I have read a ton of articles about bringing back old dating styles.
I have heard excuses about being broke and not knowing what to do. Dates don’t always require money, but they usually require leaving the house. I don’t know why it is so completely impossible for some guys to pick a place and just go. But it is probably just as impossible as saying “What do you want to do?” to a woman and getting an actual answer. There are so many possibilities that when asked, what is a woman supposed to say?
Some of these dates are super cheap and some of them could get a little pricey. A few of them would be good to watch for specials and have certain days that are cheaper than others! Not every couple will enjoy every one of these on the list, but there are a ton of ideas. I tried to keep most of the date ideas to things that don’t require a lot of advanced planning, but a few of them do. I know that I have done almost all of these at one point in my years of dating.
Here are 30 date ideas for the next time your partner says “I don’t know.”
- Tacos or Wings on Tuesday/Thursday
- Movie (Most towns even have a day where it is cheaper)
- Getting dinner somewhere local or unique
- Arcades/ Dave and Buster’s or something similar
- Bookstore dates. It is okay to get coffee and wonder around talking about your favorite books.
- Mini Golf
- Shooting Range (Someone, PLEASE)
- Wine/Brewery Tour
- Take me to volunteer somewhere
- Church and Lunch after to discuss the sermon
- Walk around downtown
- Seasonal items (Pumpkin Patch, Christmas Lights, Farmer’s Market, Ice Skating, Apple Festivals)
- Take a class
- Parks are always a great option
- Stargaze in the back of a pickup
- Zoos. Duh.
- Paint ball
- Fair/Carnival/Circus if they are in the area
- Amusement Parks
- Painting (ie. Corky Canvas, Paint Yourself Silly, Other DIY Painting Stores)
- Take a dance class together
- Working out together.
- Laser Tag
- Game Night (Board Games, Wii, Cards)
There are 30 date ideas for when you absolutely don’t have a clue what to do. There is no more “I don’t know, what do you want to do” Dating can be a lot of fun, especially when you are first getting to know each other. Pinterest has about 1000000 more ideas, but these are just a few of my favorite date ideas.
Instead of laying in bed watching movies, get out and talk to each other and actually get to know each other instead of sitting there in silence.